Thursday, February 14, 2013


Ghost Kittens
This is my creative piece for Langauge Arts Class.

It is past midnight in my house when I am jerked away from deep sleep by the shock of someone touching me. I shoot straight up and examine the room. There is nothing there but my usual things. But an opened door screams suspicion as I just gaze at it. Its beckoning me with curiosity but at the same it is telling me KEEP AWAY. But I couldn’t take it anymore, so I stumbled towards the door and into the darkness.

Just kidding, its not really that dark. In my living the TV was already on, which was really strange. Whoever did it, they have horrid taste in entertainment because when I walked in there Jersey Shore was on. I continued past the TV, not really frightened that there might be a ghost. The only frightening thing about that is that people watch Jersey Shore. I lazily stalked into my kitchen, mindlessly opening the fridge. I hoped there was something to drink but instead I was greeted by my cat, Squeebles. I literally freaked out so much I flew back and hit my dinner table. I guess it’s okay because cats.

I got back up on my feet and started to explore more. I had just heard the upstairs floorboards whine in pain as weight pressed down on them. All of a sudden the ceiling snapped like a twig and wood clattered to the floor through the now gaping hole in the ceiling. Nothing else fell though. For some odd reason I could feel the presence of some sort of a cat. Speaking of cats, an invisible claw or blade ripped my new “swag” pants. Out of fear, I jumped back and rushed to my pant’s side like a paramedic. I started talking to myself asking if the pants were okay. I was suddenly interrupted by a cat appearing out of nowhere, and it wasn’t my cat either. I closed my eyes and prayed I lived as the cat sprang towards me, its sleek black fur engulfing my face until I was in complete darkness.  

I woke up but I wasnt really awake. It was like hovering between dreaming and reality. My brain was broadcasting me what was going on but yet I couldn't move. I tried to wiggle and to my suprise I moved! My  face showed an expression of utter joy.....until my eyes fell down upon the ropes around my ankles. How did that happen? All I remember was a cat attacking me, then black. Maybe it was like some kind of evil cat wizard thing! That would be so cool! My excitment died though when I remembered my feet were tied up by this evil cat thing. Just as I was thinking about the ......thing, a cat's little paws trotted across the hardwood floor and by the time the sleek kitten as black as a void it suddenly shifted into human form leaving a cloud of      black mist. In front of me stood . . . Barack Obama.

I don't know why but as soon as I saw him, I said "Untie me and I'll vote for you." To my surprise, he took a sharp blade out that shined like bright like a diamond. The knife screamed as he brought it down on the rope, barely missing my ankle. After that, he just . . . left.
And I lived happily ever after.


No comments:

Post a Comment